Whew! It’s hot out there, folks! While I love my time at the parks, I also enjoy that relaxing time in the pool. Disney is known for it’s top notch level of entertainment in every single area including: rides, dining/drinks, resort amenities, and visual effects. The resort pools are also ranked as superb by the guests.
Each resort has one fabulous main pool, and there are several resorts that also have a secondary pool or pools, generally nestled within the resort buildings instead of the main pool which is quite visible from the lobby. Many of these secondary pools don’t have a “theme”, but their attraction is the fact that they are typically quieter than the main pool., and many adults love that. Some are also open 24/7, since they typically do not have a lifeguard on duty, whereas the main pools have hours and several staff. Pictured above is a secondary pool at Disney’s Polynesian Resort. We spent all of our pool time here during our last vacation and enjoyed it just as much as the times we have spent in the main pool at the Poly.
So what do some of these pools offer that make them stand out from the others? Here are just a few that Disney has to offer it’s resort guests:
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort: Stormalong Bay
- Wow! This pool has it all!!! This pool features a 230-foot-long shipwrecked water slide, which is absolutely awe inspiring for kiddos to wrangle around! Families love playing in the beach area and frolicking around in the zero-entry, sand-bottomed pool. If you prefer other activities, there is also a pool for water volleyball, whirlpool spas, a lazy river, and for those of us wanting to relax, plenty of lounge chairs!
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort: Lava Pool
- This resort main pool features a Tiki-themed water play area for the younger kiddos and an amazing volcano in which children can climb and water slide down into the spectacular pool that overlooks the Seven Seas Lagoon and Cinderella’s Castle. For my family, we loved sitting here and overlooking the views of Magic Kingdom. You truly feel you are at a tropical oasis, yet you are treated like you are at Disney. Win/win!
- Disney’s Art of Animation: The Big Blue Pool
- Inspired by Finding Nemo, this pool is the largest pool in all of the Walt Disney World resorts. Families can immerse themselves in this nautical area alongside giant set pieces of Nemo, Crush and other gnarly characters from the film. This pool also features zero-entry and plays music from its underwater speakers. Guests can even find spraying pop up jets, and a playground area.
So, there you have, just a few of my favorite pools that you can find at the resorts on the Walt Disney World property. If you are ready to cool down with a magical vacation resort package, contact me to get your vacation started and also receive your free Minnie Box. See ya soon, pals! email@example.com