Oh Boy! This sure is a fun blog post today! One of my favorite topics is food! And one of my favorite things at Disney is the variety of food that they offer, especially what the countries have to offer at Epcot.
But today, my focus is on the sweets at Disney, in particular, my favorite sweets at Disney. Here is a list of my top five savory sugar treats at Disney, which will hopefully clue you in as to what you should sample when you make your journey there!
- Dole Whip: Yes, I know, I have mentioned this treat several times already. That’s because it is sooooo good! You must try it if and when you go to Disney World. A luscious mix of creamy, non-dairy, soft serve, deliciousness (even better as a float). Some even claim it is EVEN better with rum. I’ve yet to try that mix. It can not be bought just anywhere at Disney World, only at the Polynesian Resort and at Aloha Isle in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom.
- The Kitchen Sink: Admitting that I love this borders of me being a glutton. However, if you notice from the photo above, it is SHARED with four people and we did NOT finish it! It is absolutely, everything you could possibly want in a dessert, all thrown into one, well, sink! Here is a list of all the ingredients inside this delectable dessert:
- fudge topping
- butterscotch topping
- peanut butter topping
- banana slices
- cinnamon spice cupcake
- angel food cupcake
- vanilla ice cream
- chocolate ice cream
- strawberry ice cream
- mint chocolate chip ice cream
- coffee ice cream
- chocolate syrup
- marshmallow crème
- strawberry topping
- pineapple topping
- dairy whipped topping
- 1 brownie
- 1 regular-sized (2 ounce) candy bar
- 4 chocolate cookies with cream filling
- sliced toasted almonds
- dark and white chocolate shavings
- chocolate cookies with cream filling, crushed
- chopped jellied orange slices (approximately 2 large slices)
- milk chocolate chip morsels
- peanut butter chip morsels
- chocolate sprinkles
- rainbow sprinkles
- ½ cup drained maraschino cherries
So now you can see why it is called “The Kitchen Sink”! This can be found at the Beach Club Resort, at Beaches and Cream. Wonderful atmosphere, wonderful cast members and a great environment for attempting this dessert!
- Ice Cream Sundae at 50’s Prime Time Cafe: Can you tell by now that we love chocolate? Oh my goodness these were fantastic!!!! Not nearly the ingredients that were in the kitchen sink, but every bit as delectable. We didn’t all finish our desserts, as they were pretty rich, but since they came with our meal plan, we went ahead and splurged and ate on them as much as we could, which didn’t leave much room for supper! Somehow, on this trip, we didn’t gain a single pound, but I’m guessing it was due to all the walking!
- The Grey Stuff (It’s Delicious): I have also wrote about this before, the dessert that comes with a meal at Be Our Guest Restaurant at Disney World. It is a chocolate cupcake with cookie creme and topped with Lumiere’s famous “Grey Stuff”. Divine. Also a favorite of mine there, the Lemon Meringue Cupcake. It is a vanilla spongecake with a lemon custard filling, topped with a flamed meringue icing.
- Chocolate Croissant: If you love chocolate and you loved baked goods…..this is about as perfect of a blend of breakfast meets dessert as someone could make. You feel like a child who asks for chocolate for breakfast, except this is totally acceptable! This counts as a snack with your Quick Service meal credits, so a huge win-win!
And there you have it, my top five sweet treats at Disney. Notice all but one involved chocolate…makes me really think I need to count my carbs during my next terip! But as I mentioned above, I have yet to gain weight on a Disney trip! And let me tell you, I indulge on the food! Because what good is a vacation going to be if we have to watch what we eat all day? Just be cautious, don’t make yourself sick, and enjoy your life, one sweet bite at a time….at Disney. Let me help you make this happen. Feel free to email me to get your trip of a lifetime started. firstname.lastname@example.org