Continuing the “Best Day Ever, Disney in 1 Day” series, today I am focusing on doing Hollywood Studios in a day. I love Hollywood Studios. I love the throwback vibe that you see and feel when you enter the park. You feel as if you have been transported back in time to a roaring part of our culture’s history. The storefronts are beautiful, the cast members are dressed in a nostalgic fashion, and for my trips there, I have always loved being there. Also, if you are traveling after June 30, 2018, you will get to experience the all new Toy Story Land. Plans for a new Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and Mickey and Minne Runaway Railway are set for opening in 2019. Get ready to “Rock and Roll”….here is Hollywood Studios in 1 Day.
But first….Rock & Roll!
Whether you choose a Fastpass+ for this ride or you try to get there are rope drop, if you are looking for a thrill ride, head over to the Rock & Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith. After completing this, the rides that typically have the longer wait would be Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania. You can choose which route to take after getting off the Rock & Roller Coaster, depending on whether you are a thrill seeker or want more of family ride. Neither choice will disappoint. My daughter’s favorite ride at HS is Tower of Terror, while my son loves Toy Story Mania.
Mid-Morning Must Do’s
Time to indulge in a power snack to get you through the rest of the morning. I recommend these places to get that grab and go snack:
- Sweet Spells (my favorite snack shop at HS!) Check out the colored/flavored popcorn, smores, cookies, whoopie pies, chocolate dipped marshmallow wand….the list goes on and on
- Starring Roles: Check out the Chocolate Butterfinger Cupcake….yum!
- Popcorn from a kiosk. Disney popcorn is extra magical! It comes gluten free and tastes oh so delicious!
Launch Your Next Adventure
Star Wars fans love Hollywood Studios because there are so many things to do pertaining to this fan favorite film franchise. Here are just a few of the things you can experience:
- Meet & Greets: It’s not a day at HS without seeing some character favorites such as Chewbacca, Kylo Ren, or Wookie
- March of the First Order: This commands your attention….watch as the Stormtroopers and Captain Phasma make their way through for this entertainment experience.
- Star Wars Launch Bay: explore a large assortment of Star Wars memorabilia and large-scale replicas, purchase merchandise and play the latest Star Wars interactive video games.
- Jedi Training: You have to register for this early, so if this is important to you, do this prior to getting on early morning rides. Then, when it is time, you will receive a 20 minute interactive Jedi Training session in which you will come face to face with Darth Vader.
- Star Tours: An amazing ride/experience. Hold on tight, this 3D tour of the galaxy will leave you wanting more!
Blast into the Past During Lunch
I have two lunchtime recommendations. Whatever you choose for lunch, choose the other for dinner. I recommend making advanced dinner reservations or to take the stress away, let me do this for you!
- 50’s Prime Time Cafe
- Sci-Fi Dine In Theater Restaurant
Both of these establishments are known for their ambiance, and this is a great way to take a break from the sun and relax with your family. We are repeat guests to these establishments because our kiddos loved it so much!
To avoid the heat, there are some incredible things to take in during your post food-coma experience from lunch. After taking in these attractions, it will be time to fuel up with a quick snack. Refer to my list from above to power through the late afternoon hours.
- Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage
- Muppet Vision 3D
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing Along Experience
- Mickey and Minnie Starring in Red Carpet Dreams
- Voyage of The Little Mermaid
It should also be noted that there are great character meet and greets throughout Hollywood Studios. My son was really into getting as many photos and autographs as possible, so we spent one entire afternoon tracking down all the characters we could find while my husband took the older kids in a different directions.
Also as I mentioned above, I would suggest your supper to be at the other table service location that you did not choose for lunch. Other great places for a quicker meal would be:
- ABC Commisary
- Backlot Express
- The Trolley Car Cafe
There are also Dinner Experience Packages and Dessert Experience Packages that tie into the nightly fireworks.
Finally, Fantastic Fireworks
This is where you have to let your interests guide your decision for ending your evening. It comes down to two big choices: Team Mickey/Disney character favorites or Team Star Wars.
- Fantasmic!: Playing along with the movie of the same name, Fantasmic includes incredible visual effects including: fireworks, music, characters, live actors, water effects, pyrotechnics, decorated boat floats, lasers, mist screen projections and audio-animatronics.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular: The force is strong as you burst into a galaxy far, far away during this nighttime spectacular including: features fireworks, searchlights, fog effects, lasers, projection mapping, and fire.
There you have it! A “Best Day Ever” event for one day at Hollywood Studios. Stay tuned for my next post continuing “Best Day Ever” featuring one day plans for Animal Kingdom. Don’t forget to contact me to plan your Best Day Ever, whether it be at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, a Disney Cruise, a stay at Aulani, or jetting off on Adventures by Disney. I can also make your dreams come true at Universal Studios in Orlando. Find me at: email@example.com or visit my website at www.magical-vacations.com/debbie.lands See ya soon, pals!